Putnam Township Fire Department
The Putnam Township Fire Department page is currently under construction. Additional information and updates will be added soon.
New Township Burn Ordinance
Putnam Township has updated its burn ordinance to remain consistent with the latest International Fire Code. Burn Permits are no longer required, but all fires should adhere to these guidelines:
- Open burning of yard waste, tree branches, leaves, and grass clippings is allowed from sunrise to sundown. Construction materials, garbage, and any other man-made materials are prohibited from burning. Yard waste burning is not allowed in the Village of Pinckney.
- It is the responsibility of the property owner to make certain there is not a burn ban in place. When in doubt, call the Putnam Township Fire Department at 734-878-6788 or check back here to determine if it is safe to burn.
- Open burning must adhere to these guidelines:
- 50 feet from a structure or power line
- All fires must be attended to, by an adult of 18 years or older
- Smoke plumes shall not create a nuisance
- No accelerants can be used to start or maintain an open burn
- All fires must be extinguished by sundown
For fires on large (agricultural or open) parcels - these fires must be limited to a manageable size, with an adequate fire line around the area to be burned, and enough people sufficient to control the fire. Contact with the Fire Department is recommended prior to burning.
Posting of the entire burn ordinance and all changes to it, will follow.