Welcome to our Fire Department
From Curt Ruf, Putnam Township Fire Chief
July 12, 2023
On Monday, July 17, 2023, in cooperation with Livingston County Emergency Medical Services, the Putnam Fire Safety Net ambulance went into service. The Safety Net ambulance is a concept that isn’t new to emergency services, but it is the first for any fire department in Livingston County. When Livingston County Emergency Medical Services is out of ambulances, the Putnam Fire Safety Net ambulance will be dispatched, with the ability to transport patients.
This concept has been over a year in the works, from contractual agreements to classes Putnam Fire staff attended to further their training in transporting and working an ambulance. This is an exciting new feature to the Putnam Township Fire Department and the residents it serves.
The Putnam Township Fire Department is an essential part of our community and is committed to protecting the lives and property of the residents who live here.
PTFD provides a variety of servicess to our community, including:
- Fire suppression: We respond to, and put out, fires, whenever they may occur, anywhere in the Township.
- Emergency medical services (EMS): Our department provides emergency medical services, such as CPR, first aid, and transportation to a hospital.
- Hazardous materials response: We respond to incidents involving hazardous materials, such as spills and leaks.
- Fire prevention: We educate our community about fire safety and prevention, through a variety of programs. We also inspect buildings for fire hazards.
- Major events: We are on scene when ice storms, snowstorms and electrical outages hit.
Community Connect is a free, secure, and easy-to-use platform that allows residents and businesses to share critical information to aid first responders and emergency response personnel when responding to their residence. The service is available to all residents of Putnam Township and PTFD encourages you to sign up!
The information that you can share includes:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- The number of people in your household
- Any special needs that your household may have
- The location of fire extinguishers and other fire safety equipment
- The location of your pets
Some of the benefits of using Community Connect:
- It can help first responders to arrive at your home more quickly and safely.
- It can help first responders to provide the best possible care to you and your family.
- It can help to reduce the risk of injury or death during an emergency.
- It can help to reduce the cost of emergency response.
If you are interested in using Community Connect, you can create an account on the Community Connect website here. Once you have created an account, you can add your household information and any other relevant information. You can also update your information at any time. Sign up is free and secure!
Community Connect is a valuable tool that can help to keep you and your family safe during an emergency.
We are currently offering CPR classes to residents of our community. Contact the Fire Station (info below) for more information.
Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Did you know that we check smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in your home and replace them, at no charge, if needed? Call or email us (info below) to set up an appointment.
Tornado Siren Tests
Putnam Township tests tornado sirens on the first Saturday of the month at noon, April through October.
To contact PTFD, call 734-878-6788 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Always call 911 in an emergency.